Monday, May 11, 2009

Friday was the Epic Trail Ale launch party which basically meant hanging out with every mountain biker in town that I know. I love that about Bend - still a relatively small community and we all support each other as best we can.

Saturday I did a nice mountain bike ride and enjoyed the sunshine and heat! I'm ready for summer...just so you know. After the ride I helped out with registration for the Webcyclery Chainbreaker mountain bike race that took place Sunday. The race was a huge success with 312 racers of all abilities and ages. All the way from the itsy bitsy little kids with training wheels doing the little kid race, to World Champion professionals. It was a lot of hard work, but very rewarding to give back to this sport that has given me so much over the years.

I was even home in time to call my Mom to make sure she received my Mother's Day present!

No comments: