Friday, July 11, 2008

More racing

Anyone who has ridden the course the Cascade Cycling Classic did yesterday can attest to how hot and tough the route is. I myself have ridden in this race although the course was different when I did it. We raced from Santiam Pass up and over the 242 and then finished up at Threee Creeks Sno Park. I know how tough that final stretch is and these racers should be applauded. You'll get your chance tonight in the downtown criterium. Until then, check out the photos:

1st two men's finishers for the day



Levi in his Olympics kit. Come August let's hope he can do well for our country




Rock Racing and stage 1 winner Botero finishes.



Team bus and support - travel in style.



Women's finish



I like these Aaron's Cycling Team Kits.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched a group of these assholes ride by me yesterday and they were throwing water bottles and shit all over the side of the road. I doubt if they clean it up!

Anonymous said...

Wow, no need for name calling, sheesh. Sounds like someone needs to get out for a ride and blow off some steam. But you are correct, the volunteers clean up after. It's the same with mountain bike races. Hooray to all the volunteers that help out. I've spent some time picking up trash after plenty of races.

Heidi said...

Actually, they are supposed to deposit of them "properly" and are sometimes fined if they are caught tossing them across the road. I see in the race communications for today that the racers were previously scolded for not following procedures and a warning was put out that if the littering continues the event could be in jeopardy.