Sunday, February 01, 2009

Ode to the windproof jacket.

Without winter I am left to ride more. Yesterday afternoon after a lunch of homemade Chicken Tikka Marsala warm in my belly, we set off to meet my friend Angela for a ride. The roads are mostly snow free now in and around Bend. With temps probably around 50 we set off. The windjacket is a necessity on light spring days like this where the wind blows down off the Cascades and chills you. I can look up as a I peddal and see the snowy mountains looking down on me and I know they think I'm a traitor. After skate skiing probably over 50 times last year, this year is not the same. We didn't buy season passes this year so I've spent more time classic cross country. Without any real snowfall in a month now, I haven't been up much. So you see, it's not my fault I have to betray them. They are betraying me by not producing snow! In fact, I think I tweaked my neck last week when I was doing a snow dance.

No comments: