Sunday, September 09, 2007

Dread and Terror

No kidding, that is the name of the section of trail we rode Saturday. It was spectacular! We did it as an out and back so there was quite a bit of climbing. The map claims that there is 2200 feet of climbing on the way downhill and then 3368 or so feet of climbing coming back uphill. It really didn't seem like that much climbing to me though. The trail rolls along the banks of the North Umpqua and is muddy and rocky in some sections, dry and foresty in others. On the way back up to the car a group of hikers asked me how far it was to the falls. I told them correctly that it was less than a mile (I'd just stopped and taken pics of it). One then asked me if it was worth seeing. I told her yes, I'll let you be the judge.

I give you....Lemolo Falls

















Lemolo Lake where we started and ended our ride.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome - spectacular - super duper pictures.

Brent said...

ok, now i know my back could not of taken that ride.. looks nice though..

Anonymous said...

Shhweet! My next trip to Oregon must include 'The Nut'.... and maybe some other Oakridge favorites.

RHRF!

Pat

diana said...

Looks just amazing!

Matt McFee said...

Wow....gorgeous.