Monday, November 19, 2007

Breathless

My swimming is progressing and I have been able to add time and intensity rapidly. The other afternoon I swam half a mile, then did 3 X 100m 5 times. The first 100m was at a comfortably moderate pace, the second was a bit faster and the 3rd was all out as hard as I could go. Then I swam a super easy 100m for recovery and repeated the set 5 times. That left me breathless but I pushed on and swam another half a mile before relaxing in the steam room for 20 minutes. Feels good to get my heart rate up that high and challenge myself.

We had to break up a dog fight over breakfast. One of our dogs is a giant pig and the other doesn't eat much but still protects her food. With 3 pieces left she wandered off and then came charging and growling when the other snuck over to steal what was left. Actually, she snapped and got two puncture wounds in the piggy's face. Man, they are worse than kids! I couldn't get the beagle to hold still so I could take a better picture.

No comments: