Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sunday's Ski

Went skate skiing again yesterday. It was really windy up at the mountain but once we got down into the lower trails we were sheltered nicely. The conditions weren't great - really slow snow, but of course I still had fun. It was an extra workout trying to keep the smooth gliding motion. Some of the snow coverage on the lower trails is a bit spotty and some of the short hills are really steep. I doubt this will show how really steep it was, but trust me.





Going back up "the screamer" which is the giant hill you have to ascend to get back to the Nordic Lodge, the wind kicked up. The lady in front of me blew over so I put my head down and leaned into each pushoff a little more. Skate skiing is all about rhythm and smooth motions.

I have a cookie exchange to go to Tuesday night so I dedicated Sunday afternoon to baking cookies. YUM!



2 comments:

Matt McFee said...

Absolutely agree on smooth movement and rhythm in skate skiing. Went for my 3rd time yesterday and a) I love it, and b) I find that the harder I try the worse i do. When I calm down and work on smooth technique I start glidng up the hill.

Chandra said...

Your cookies were super yummy! :) thanks.