Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Whew

I'm tired after all this skiing. Saturday was skate skiing, Sunday was classic skiing and Christmas morning I got up early and headed up to Mt. Bachelor for another day of skate. It was sunny with blue skies but still fairly cold out. The grooming was fresh and it was nice after my last day out was a giant powder day. I had the trails basically to myself and took my time and skied every intermediate trail at the Nordic Center.

Today after checking the snow report for Bachelor and seeing they had over 7" of new snow, we headed to Meissner SnoPark for a great day of classic cross country. It was partly sunny and cold when we headed out - one of the few cars in the lot. They had gotten just as much new snow and after a short time out the grooming ended for the loop I wanted to do. So, with snow almost up to my knees, we forged ahead. It was slow going through all the powder but I muscled it out and was rewarded with great weather and fun skiing. Since it was Wednesday I figured we HAD to ski this trail.















2 comments:

Matt McFee said...

Oooof....slog-arama.

Heidi said...

Honestly, I love to xc ski in powder! I like to get off the beaten path you know.