Sunday, December 02, 2007

The snow is falling outside and I'm getting anxious to get out and skate ski. I had an MRI on my "good" knee on Thursday and find out the prognosis tomorrow after work. Luckily the conditions at the mountain aren't great yet so I don't feel like I'm missing anything...yet. The pool is always there for me. Yesterday I did a new workout. I'm struggling because I can swim for a long time and even do lots of intervals but I never feel tired like I would cycling. I am trying to work on speed but I feel like I'm not getting anywhere. I qualify for the medium speed lanes but I'd like to get faster... hey, you have to have a goal, right? I'm stuck at around 1:50 for 100m and I'd like that to be way faster. Anyway, yesterday after some warmup laps and drills I did a main set of:

8x50m on 1:12
8x50m on 1:08
8x50m on 1:12
8x50m on 1:04

between each 50m I felt like I had way too much time to recover so I'll cut those down next time.

Ho hum, that's about it. Hopefully I can get some pics next weekend when we head out to cut down a tree. Who knows, maybe I'll even be out on skis!

3 comments:

Matt McFee said...

Happy B-day, girlie. :)

Joe said...

> 8x50m on 1:12
> 8x50m on 1:08
> 8x50m on 1:12
> 8x50m on 1:04

Those are odd intervals for your 50's. It must have been tricky to keep track of when to leave for the next rep. :-)

Heidi said...

Joe: hehehe- I cheat and use a stopwatch and just start a new lap every time.

Matt: Thanks!