Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Little Burning Marshmellows

I'm back going to acupuncture for my knee. I really like going and this time was a bit different. In the past I've had them burn moxa {mugwort herb) and hold it just above my knee to stimulate circulation and induce a smoother flow of blood. This time was a bit different though - he used an extra smoky form of it that looked like little marshmellows. He stuck those on the end of the needles in my knee with the theory that the heat travels down the needles into my knee. I'm thankful that my health insurance covers acupuncture because lots of health plans don't accept Eastern medicine practices.

I swam about a mile and a half after work yesterday and then sweated it out in the steam room afterwards. I'm looking forward for the day the pool cover comes off and I can swim in the fresh air...even if it means I'll be a bit chilly getting in and out.

No comments: