Sunday, April 13, 2008

Saturday at Smith Rock Park was vastly different than our ride the previous weekend. Mainly...I hardly had any riding clothes on! It was downright hot as we headed out in shorts and short sleeve jerseys...no winter gloves, no shoe covers, no vests, no arm warmers or leg warmers, no ear covers. None of that. We slathered up with suntan lotion and headed out for a new adventure. The more I ride out there the more I like it. There are so many trails and roads to explore and we put together nearly a 3.5 hour loop of riding. We even spent half an hour practicing our push biking thanks to Derek's faltering memory. Push biking is easy, anyone can do it. Grab a bike and find a really steep sandy hill and push your bike up it. Cuss some, watch the sweat drip off your arms and feel your shoes fill with sand. That's the way I started to feel until I looked up and saw the awesome views and just thought about how "awful" it really wasn't.

My lucky horseshoe from last weekend didn't bring me any good luck. I experienced my first flat tire of the season. WOOHOO!

Enjoying a little climb



Me napping in a cave.



Taking a break with my buddy. He rocks!



If you're anywhere where stuff has been or still is under snow, or maybe you don't see a lot of greenery anyway, then enjoy this

1 comment:

Chandra said...

I just love how you put the words "enjoying" and "climb" in the same sentence! :)