Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Life doesn't have to be so busy and hectic that you don't get to enjoy it. I remember one of my bosses at my last job always saying, "You know, when I'm on my death bed I'm never going to look back at my life and say, 'I sure wish I'd spent more time working.'" Thinking about this was brought around by an email I got from out of town friend who works all the time and never does anything "fun".

I like living here because it's convenient for me to do the things I love. It's easy to get caught up in work, but I like to get caught up in life instead.

So go for a walk along the river, hike up Tumalo Mtn, get up early and watch the sunrise...(did you see the bright oranges this morning to the east?) but for what it's worth - live.

3 comments:

Chandra said...

You would have loved our snow shoe last night. It was just beautiful out. Not too bright, since the moon wasn't out, but it was great. Hope your knee is better today.

Anonymous said...

Amen. More than once I have read your post and felt like I should get out more.

Hack said...

well said!