Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Make it a Double

Right out of college I worked for a giant public accounting firm. We had a Japanese exchange worker that sat behind me. He spoke BARELY any English, but it didn't matter because his clients were all large Japanese manufacturers. He slowly started picking up the English other people in the office would teach him. Problem was...guys were teaching him the wrong times to use things on purpose. I remember we went on a nice lunch to a restaurant and when the waiter came to leave our bill he asked if we needed anything else. The guys had prompted poor Masa with what he should say in response and he proudly blurted out, "Bite me". His other favorite phrase was, "make it a double" - referring to drinks when we would all go out. Well, in honor of Masa, I'm going to "Make it a double" today.

I went skate skiing this morning before work with a friend. The snow was unbelievable sticky and slow on all the uphills, and slick on all the downhills. I only fell once though! I'm sure I'll have a bruise on my right thigh and knee later today though for that little snowflop. Tonight I'm heading to the pool for a swim workout. Hence, the double.

No comments: