Monday, March 12, 2007

Funky Old Shack

"Well it's set way back in the middle of a field,
Just a funky old shack and I gotta get back

Glitter on the mattress
Glitter on the highway
Glitter on the front porch
Glitter on the hallway"

For one, there was no glitter anywhere NEAR this place.



What front porch?



At least it comes furnished. And who doesn't need a lawn mower inside their house. I'm just not sure what it was for. I doubt there was EVER a lawn outside this place!





Saturday was nice enough weather so we spent about 4 hours riding out at Horse Ridge and the surrounding area, oh, and checking out the shack. The singletrack at Horse Ridge was recently featured in Adventure Magazine with props to Cogwild!

Anyway, we took a different route than normal and had fun. We hadn't taken the descent down Sandy Canyon before but I was told it was a more primitive, sketchy steep pitch. It wasn't really any of those things by my standards...but it was fun still.







On a side note, I see that there is no detour or road closures like I had previously mentioned...project must be pushed back because I was told the start date was today. There are a couple guys out in the field but there is definitely no temporary road yet. Ooooh, the suspense!

No comments: