Sunday, March 04, 2007

I don't think I've ever really had a bad weekend. Friday night we had dinner and drinks at Deschutes Brewery with some friends. I hadn't eaten there in awhile and was pleased to see that they now serve a black bean burger. For those who don't know, I'm an incredibly picky eater and on my list of things I don't eat is red meat or pork. Veggie burgers get old, so black bean burgers are a treat. I had a few Alititude Ambers, and a cross tap cherry bitter. Good times.

Saturday we woke to glorious sunshine and temps rose into the 50's and possibly 60's so we went riding up by Cline Butte for about 3 hours. We got lost, but didn't mind and explored an area we hadn't been to before.

Some of the rock formations were really neat looking out there. There is singletrack everwhere and it winds around in concentric circles I swear.



Derek right before a little rock drop.




YES that's right folks, I'm in shorts and short sleeves!






After spending the day in the sunshine, we watched Little Miss Sunshine. It is such a great story.

Sunday we went skate skiing up at Bachelor. Wooo Boy, was it warm up there! Later in the afternoon we drove down to the Sunriver Library to attend the artist's reception for my friend Chandra. She has jewelry on display for sale at the library for the next two months. She has some really awesome pieces and you should definitely check them out if you're local.

It was so nice out Sunday afternoon that we decided to ride our bikes down to Deschutes Brewery to drink a couple beers and hang out.

Here's hoping this week goes as nicely as the weekend did!



Overall, a VERY nice weekend.

2 comments:

diana said...

You have no idea how jealous I am that you are riding, much less in shorts and a short sleeve jersey! Here in Western NY the temps are dipping below zero with wind chill, and several couties are being declared National Emergencies, with others issuing travel advisories and closing roads. It's starting to get depressing and the only thing getting me through is the hope that soon it will get warmer and I'll be back on the trails! Enjoy the weather out there!

Chandra said...

Aww, thanks! Thanks for coming down, it was great to see you two. Hopefully I sold even more sicne Sunday!! :)