Friday, March 23, 2007

In honor of spring:



Wednesday I rode home from work to drop off my backpack and then headed right out for a ride. Sometimes I like to head east on the less traveled roads where big parcels of land stretch out across the fields. I rode out past the dump, around to Rickards and out that road past where it turns to gravel and hits the 20. I hadn't seen another rider all evening until I got way out there where I met up with another guy going the same way. As I turned West to head back into town the sun was getting lower and lower in the sky and the temps started to drop. I actually laughed to myself because it was probably high 30's maybe low 40's but I'd gotten chilled to the bone and when that happens there is no fast recovery. Hehehehehe - I wasn't cold enough out that I had to follow this guy's advice, "If it appears that you can't go on, stop and build some sort of shelter or dig a hole in the snow before you run totally out of gas." It was still kind of sunny for crying out loud! It ended up being a little over a 2 hour ride but was about 20 minutes longer than I wanted to be out there. I stood in the hot shower for quite some time afterwards trying to thaw my hands out.

What did people do before mp3 players?

No comments: