Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Wet-N-Windy...NOT

Sunday was the Hutch's Wet-n-Windy 50 ride. We rode over to the eastside Hutch's for the 9:00 start and were surprised to see at least 100 cyclists gathered for it! We chatted it up with some friends and shortly we were off. It was probably the biggest group ride I've ever been. We headed out at a nice pace for about the first hour and a half and then the surges started. I made the first "break" and we soon reached the feed zone at mile 36 or so. After a short snack people started hopping back on their bikes and straggling back onto the road. This is when the pace really turned on and as we pushed back towards Bend, the group got smaller and smaller until soon there were about 10 of us.

I had a lot of fun, I miss riding hard like that. I had to pay for it later by icing my knee a few times.

Sorry, no pictures, though I saw a few people snapping shots along the way so maybe some will surface soon.

No comments: