Monday, August 13, 2007

Chicago

My trip to Chicago was interesting. I went there for training and I really did learn a lot. The weather was ridiculous. I'm not sure why anyone would live there and tolerate the humidity and the pollution. It was in the 90's every day with humidity outrageously high. I'd return from a night on the town feeling disgustingly dirty. Oh, how could I forget the thunder and lightening storms that hit the city twice?

Here was the view out of my hotel window looking right.



and left. That's the Trump tower that is currently being built. It's going to be 92 stories when it's finished!



I had some excellent food while there and took full advantage of the trip and checked out the city each evening. We went for authentic Chicago deep dish pizza one night at Gino's East. Interesting inside decor.




Unbelievable pizza.


I spent some time in an Irish pub another night and feasted on some top notch fish and chips, washed down with beer of course.

Let's see, what else? Oh yah, I had to check out Goose Island Brewery while I was there. I had a lovely pint of their Celebration Red, a taster set, and a pint of their Pale Ale as well. All very good and I left with some souvenirs for Derek.





So far this post is largely food related! To work off all this food, I spent some time doing laps in the hotel pool, on the stationary bike, or on the elliptical trainier at the gym. Not to mention, I walked at least a couple miles everyday after training.

I'm happy to be back in Bend where it's cool at night, the air is fresh, and the humidity is low. Cheers!

More Chicago pics later.













1 comment:

Chandra said...

You were right, your hotel was great. Nice location! You do get used to the humidity....eventually! :)