Wednesday, August 22, 2007

High Desert Omnium

The Cascade Cycling Classic isn't the only race that hit's Bend during the summer. This coming weekend is the High Desert Omnium. The Bend Bella Cyclists are hosting it this year and there are a lot of new sponsors as well. If you are around, you should definitely stop by Summit High on Saturday afternoon to watch the crit. That's the one that goes in a short lap around the school for a set amount of time. So, you get to see the riders a lot. Cheering is encouraged because believe me, crits are tough. Check the website for details.

I've been on my road bike a lot this week after my monster mountain bike ride Saturday. It's amazing how fast the road bike feels compared to the 30 pound, 6 inch mountain bike. I can zip up hills and around corners like a little butterfly. The only thing of interest I've seen on my rides this week was a bag of those styrofoam peanuts that were on the side of the road. You know how those damn things stick to you and don't come off easily? Well, try getting them stuck to you when you're sweaty too.

No comments: