Sunday, August 26, 2007

It wasn't me!

Derek and I rode from Swampy Snowpark up to Dutchman Flats, Flagline, and back to the parking lot on Saturday for a nice loop. There are still a few trees down but nothing major.




I finally got new cleats since my other ones were really worn down. Cleat placement on your shoes is a delicate thing. If you don't have them setup just right, knee problems can result. I already have my fair share of knee problems so when I started riding I could tell that they weren't set up perfectly. Trail side repair ensued for a bit.



It was a perfect day for riding with temps in the high 70's up there. PERFECT!
Perfect, that is, until Derek sideswiped some stupid little tree with a pokey branch that dug a foot long cut into his shin. I have NEVER ridden with someone who gets more rocks and sticks to the shins. He was fairly certain he was going to die of course :) For once it wasn't me injured.










Saturday night I was a corner marsall for the High Desert Omnium Criterium...looks like everyone had a really good time and it was relatively safe! I'm picking up out of town guests today for a week of riding for more pics will be coming this week.

Have a good Sunday!

1 comment:

Chandra said...

Aww, poor little boy!