Sunday, February 24, 2008

No go

I woke up early to get ready to ride since today is the annual Hutch's Bicycle Wet-n-Windy 50 mile ride. BUT, it was 25 degrees out and had snowed a bit overnight. Still, I ate breakfast and got my riding clothes ready. The sky got grey as the minutes ticked off. It started snowing, then snowing harder. Derek went out to check the iciness of the street and after coming in to give me the prognosis, my cycling clothes went back in the closet and we checked the ski report instead. No ride.

2 comments:

Rockin' said...

You weren't alone. Only five people total rode it. A couple more showed up in their cars and then just left. It actually was a great ride, the roads cleared up about Bear Creek and Ward. Steve

Heidi said...

Yah, I ended up doing a bit of riding later in the morning and enjoyed it.