Wednesday, February 27, 2008

We've been planning our summer mountain bike trip to Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming and it has come down to picking trails now. Thumbing through a trail book the other night I was a little skeptical on the trails labeled "grizzly country". I've seen bears before on the trails in Kernville, CA before and they were giant! We have chosen one trail in MT that basically guarantees you will see one. Let's hope it is from afar. I have no desire to let a bear maul me while I curl up and protect my neck like the book suggests.

Last night we met with some other riders at Deschutes Brewery to talk about the Oregon Endurance Series. Another Webcyclery racer, Steve, is organizing it and these low key races should be a good addition to the events Central Oregon offers.

4 comments:

Matt McFee said...

Wear a bear bell with your name on it so we can identify you in the scat.

Heidi said...

Just for that I'm not sending you a postcard.

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi,

We had our annual trip to Stanley, Idaho last year. I would HIGHLY recommend anything in that area.
Check out these links for pics and trail information:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=336664

http://sports.webshots.com/album/560670299dKBOKf

Just a warning - there are A LOT of pics (600+) at the webshots link.

RHRF!

Pat

Heidi said...

Hey Pat - Believe me, I checked out your pictures a while ago and saved the link! I'll be sure to share our pics with you when we get back.