Sunday, March 02, 2008

I stuck with riding this weekend since it was so nice out. Saturday we went to Horse Ridge to mountain bike again and found it much drier. There is really a great view of all around when you are up on that ridge and despite the rain and snow that was taking place in town, it was sunny and warm out there. I almost didn't want to stop riding because everywhere else I could see looked to be having crappy weather!








On Sunday Derek was feeling under the weather so I did a road ride by myself. I clocked almost 35 miles in two hours and had a really nice time enjoying the sun. I'd forgotten my mp3 player at work so I borrowed his and wow, does he have some different songs on his!

We watched a few episodes of 30 Days and I found it pretty interesting. In the first one the couple had to live for 30 days on minimum wage jobs to experience the difficulties that millions of adults in America face. Episode 2 a thirty-something former athlete battles back at his expanding waistline and lowering libido by going on an anti-aging drug regime prescribed by a doctor for 30 days. You see the effects of HGH, steroids, and tons of stimulants do to his health and his life. And lastly, David Stacy, a 33-year-old Christian man from West Virginia, makes a drastic life change for 30 days when he moves to the largely Muslim community of Dearborn, Michigan. David struggles with his feelings and previous prejudices against a religion that does not believe in Christ and in the minds of many Americans is associated with the September 11 terror attacks, as he befriends his new host family and adopts their customs.

1 comment:

Chandra said...

it WAS just a gorgeous weekend, wasn't it? :)