Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Not much new is going on lately. I've been keeping up with my swimming and did my longest to date yesterday - 3100meters. It was brutal and my shoulders are sore this morning.

We had an Executive Committee meeting last night for the Bend Bella Cyclists. We're working on the upcomng ride season so if you're female and know how to ride a bike you should join us for some rides. Tonight is a special bike maintenance session at Pine Mountain Sports so if you want to learn some basics about fixing stuff on your bike you should show up. It starts at 6:30 and they would love to have you.

Derek and I have also been doing some work on The Bend Guide. It will be nice to have green grass and flowers back so we can take some more pictures. There are only so many winter pictures to be taken.

I got our taxes done and am expecting my refund to be direct deposited in a week or two here. WOOHOO - what should I buy? I've never been much of a buyer, which is good because Derek is. I don't need or even want anymore bikes, winter is almost over so something wintry is out of the mix. Hmmmm, I'll have to think about this.

I leave you with this... The other day I hopped in the shower after one of my workouts and found this.




What the hell is that you might ask? I shed hair a lot and it happens to be two pieces of hair that someohow ended up in the shape of the numbers 29 in my shower. I asked Derek if he purposely did this but he profusely denied it. Looking at the calendar I see that the 29th is a Saturday. I'm fairly certain it means I am winning the lottery that day. I KNOW what I'd do with that kind of money!

3 comments:

Matt McFee said...

Perhaps Derek is hinting he wants a 29'er for his birthday?

Heidi said...

Fat Chance he's getting another bike! We really do have enough.

Anonymous said...

If I see Derek on a 29'r this year I'll kick him in the nutz.