Sunday, March 23, 2008

Riding Weekend

Saturday Derek and I rode up to Smith Rock and back for a total of 66 miles over 3 hours and 26 minutes. It was a pretty nice day once it warmed up and I felt good after the effort. We met some friends down at Deschutes for drinks afterwards and I was shocked to see Cinder Cone Red back on tap! WOOHOO. We had dinner at The Summit - they have the best veggie burgers in town. They make them there at the restaurant and I always get mine with pepper jack cheese and hummus on it. SOO tasty.

Sunday we mountain biked out at Horse Ridge. I can't believe how sandy the trails are in places there. We are barely into spring and that place dries out so fast it always amazes me. I'm not sure if it was some sort of sick joke or if some hunters lost their load, but just off the highway on the road to Horse Ridge there were about 5 dead rabbits. Don't worry, I didn't take a picture.

1 comment:

Chandra said...

Saturday was SOOOOO nice! Sunday was ok...but Saturday was better. I'm very ready for spring.