Saturday, May 03, 2008

Be the Cloud

I tried a few new seasonals at Deschutes last night that are worth noting. First, the Armory Extra Pale Ale brewed specially for the Portland Deschutes Brewery Grand Opening. It is extra hoppy but very well balanced beer and I give it two thumbs up. I also had a pint of the Crystal Peak Brown. It was described as a Northern English Style Brown known for their sweet malt aroma and caramel, nutty, and toffee notes. It was a little too smooth for my taste, but I still enjoyed it! I didn't care for the Vanilla Porter and was sad that they were out of the Chocolate Stout.

I was disappointed when I woke up to cloudy skies. We decided to chance it even though it was 50% chance of thunderstorms. It was alternately sunny and then it would sprinkle a bit and went like this for the 2.5 hours we were mountain biking. The trails are so much fun after a winter of skiing and there weren't many people out today. They definitely were missing out.

1 comment:

Keeneye said...

A friend sent me home with a growler of the Vanilla Porter. I like it. My husband hates it.