Sunday, May 18, 2008

Transitions

I did some video filming of the bike to run transition at the Pole Pedal Paddle on Saturday. It was blazing hot and even just standing there I had sweat dripping down my legs. HOT HOT HOT! I rode down on my cruiser bike for it and riding back uphill to our house on that thing was quite a chore in 90+ weather. It's heavy and not very practical but a lot of fun still.

Sunday we went for a giant mountain bike ride. We started out on our way to Mrazek only to be turned around by a forest fire that was burning up there! The snow just friggin melted, how could there be a fire already dammit. So, instead we rode back up Ben's and then up Upper Whoops until the snow started to be too much. We headed back down, up Phil's to Storm King and took that all the way across the highway and down the Southern part, back up COD to ELV, Kent's and Ben's. All told it was a bit over 3 hours of pedaling. Storm King, as usual, was free of people. I really like that trail for that very reason. I'm pretty sure I've never seen water running in the little gully along the trail but there was a stream running there today.






The manzanita is in full bloom and pretty.



This section is so cool looking.



These critters were swarming me when we stopped to decide which way to go.

1 comment:

Matt McFee said...

Nice pix as usual....good to get out and ride, eh?