Sunday, June 01, 2008

Good Food Weekend

Friday night was the Webcyclery Team Pizza party! I made the pizza dough and teammate Rob grilled them up on the BBQ and then finished them in the oven. My favorite creation was a pesto, feta, grilled chicken pizza. SOOO GOOD!

I'm out of riding for probably a couple weeks while my calf heals up so I went swimming on Saturday. The outdoor lap pool was closed when I got there since there were some lightening strikes. I sat in the steam room for awhile, and then hit the weight room. They have one of those hand cycles that I did for about 10 minutes before my shoulders were on fire. I wasted some time doing core work until finally the pool opened. It was stormy out and I felt like I was open water swimming with the rain falling on me and the wind whipping up little waves. I couldn't see the other end of the pool through all the steam that was rising...it was very creepy like a scene out of some cheesy horror movie.

Derek made an awesome stuffed chicken last night for dinner. It had sundried tomatoes and feta cheese inside. The chicken was moist on the inside with a slight bit of crunch on the outside...soooo savory and good.






The noodles were deliciously covered with a wine/lemon juice/herb concoction.

3 comments:

Chandra said...

I want a personal Derek too!!! :)

Chandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt McFee said...

Now that Derek is Johnny Cookalot I think you 2 should move to Durango.