Sunday, June 15, 2008

Slight update: Saturday I rode my bike outside for the first time in almost 3 weeks. It was only a ride to the pool for my swim, and then a tour to find some achiote paste for dinner Sunday. My calf still hurts a bit up high so I was riding pretty easy, but it was good to get out.

Sunday I decided to test it a bit more and rode out Skyliners. I only got about 12 miles into the ride before I had to turn back because it started hurting more than I thought it should. I can't tell if the hurting is the good kind, or the stretching bad kind.

This coming weekend is Pickett's Charge - a mountain bike race here in Bend. Of course I won't be racing, but I'll probably help out with registration like I did at the Chainbreaker. I should definitely be able to get on my mountain bike and do some sort of ride next weekend too though. The last weekend of June I'm thinking of doing the Return on Jedi Super D race. It's down by Grants Pass and is a cool little event with free camping and a really fun, relaxed atmosphere.

Commute Option is this week. It's sad that it has taken high gas prices to get people out of their cars, but at least it's finally happening. I hope to see more people try riding or walking to work or even carpooling this week and then deciding they like it so much that they continue after commute options week.

Oh yah, here are some yummy pictures from dinner - Achiote seasoned grilled chicken tacos and grilled corn with spice!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

you've got to make sure we have grilled chicken tacos and grilled corn with spice when we're there in August. Mouthwatering!

Heidi said...

I think we can make that happen!

Lola, The Stampeding Marmot said...

Mmm...mmm! The chicken and tacos look yummy! Hope your calf is 100% before the "Jedi" race comes around!