Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Mutiny at the Pool!

Everyone decided they wanted to swim from 1-2 today. Not sure why. Normally there aren't that many people there but today every lane had at least 3 people. Ideally the lanes start slow and then each lane gets a bit faster and you pick the lane that matches your speed. It just makes lane sharing easier if everyone is kind of on the same wavelength. But, since there were so many people in some of the slower lanes, people were choosing to just swim in the fast lane. This is where the problem started. Some guy in the fastest lane had the place to himself and as slower swimmers were coming to "his lane" he was telling them it was a fast lane and they shouldn't be in it. HAHAHA it's a public pool and in an ideal world, yes, he's right. But, the lane that swimmer did belong in had 5 people in it already! He spent more time stopping and yelling each time someone came into his lane then he did swimming! Luckily I was in the next lane over and had a pretty good cohesive group.

I'm sad I will be gone for the Elk Lake Open Water Swim competition in August. I have never swam anything competitively and I'm really not all that fast, but it would still be a fun thing to try.

It was a chilly ride into work this morning and I hear it's going to be even chillier tomorrow morning! I had to practice deep inner breathing to try to keep myself warm since I refused to wear a jacket or arm warmers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've heard of and seen alot of "road rage" but never knew that there was lap rage.