Saturday, June 21, 2008

I got caught in a little of the afternoon rain while riding home today. It didn't last too long though. I am so happy to be back riding, it's all I want to do but I'm limiting myself so as not to get re-injured.

We went to Bite of Bend for lunch and I was happy to see that most places had small samples for $1 or so. I had some satay chicken skewers from Typhoon, a little Peruvian chicken tamale from Hola, a free little turkey sandwich bite from The Speedshop, and a tiny black bean tamale from El Burrito. The Hola tamale was hands down the best. I LOVED it and will definitely head over to the restaurant soon for a full order of it.

We watched the street performers for awhile. They were on stilts, juggling and flipping people in the air and putting on a good show. It was hard to capture on camera but I tried.






Friday we tried the new Italian place downtown called Ciao Mambo. Derek had Pasta Ravenna - Bowtie pasta, grilled chicken, sun dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts and mushrooms in a roasted garlic cream sauce. I tasted it several times and really enjoyed it. I got Linguini alla Pesto - basil, pignoles (pine nuts), Parmesan and extra virgin olive oil tossed with a touch of cream topped with fresh diced tomatoes. The portion was pretty big, especially after I had a few pieces of bread they deliver to your table. Good food, great service and a nice place in general.

Good thing I'm back riding since I love to eat!

No comments: