Thursday, January 17, 2008

Night Ski & Snowshoe

I've been skate or classic skiing at least one night a week somewhere and last night it was Meisner. The sunset was phenomenal



I skated for a little over and hour and then swapped out the skis for my snowshoes and joined a group of the Bend Bella Cyclists for a night snowshoe. We had a big turnout with something like 18 women! We split into two groups and off we went. It was a beautiful clear starry night and we had a lot of fun. If you want to try something outdoorsy but don't want to spend the time, energy, and money on equipment and learning, snowshoes are for you. It's an easy way to experience nature...as long as you know how to walk!

Have a great day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Heidi
I found your blog once we decided to move up to Bend over the summer. We finally made the move last month and I was going to join the night snowshoe as my first "Bend Bella" event but it didn't work out. After reading your post, I'm really bummed I missed it. Well, I guess there's Saturday.

Heidi said...

Sorry you didn't make it last night, but I'll see you Saturday!!! Make sure you come and introduce yourself.

Chandra said...

Oh, you didn't want to blog how you scared the CRAP outta me??? :P