Sunday, January 20, 2008

Winter Ride

Well it hardly felt like winter yesterday with the blue skies and warm temps. We had some work to do on TheBendGuide.com so our morning was busy. Around 1:00 the temps had risen to around 45 so I grabbed my cyclocross bike and went for a ride. I managed to get about 24 or so miles in with a few trips up Pilot Butte as well - though I had to turn around before getting all the way because the North side was a sheet of ice.



It really was perfect weather for riding because I didn't get too sweaty or too cold. The rustling of my wind vest is a somewhat soothing sound to me for some reason. As I flew past houses with swirling smoke drifting from the chimneys and looked off across fields of melting snow and puddles I thought about how nice it was to enjoy such a versatile form of "workout".

No comments: