Sunday, January 27, 2008

Snowing hard

I just got back from cross country skiing - it's snowing really hard outside and accumulating fast. It's wet, heavy snow but we still enjoyed ourselves. I like to get as early start as possible so I held out as late as I could manage and woke Derek up at 8 so we could get going.

We skied out to Tumalo Falls and then continued on above the falls along North Fork. It was really tough going since the snow was so deep and heavy. The falls looked really cool with the ice alongside the flow.







3 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome pictures - serene, beautiful & peaceful - beats Southern Calif. freeways.

Heidi said...

I shoveled a few inches of snow out of the driveway when we got home and it looks like it has already been replaced!

Matt McFee said...

Gorgeous shots, Heidi.

I just spent 2 hours raking the roof....removing approximately 5% of the snow.