Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I met Sami for a good road loop - about 2.5 hours by the time I rode home. I'd told her I would meet her at 5:20 and then had to time trial it all the way there to make it in time. It was fun to see her again and just an odd set of circumstances that she now lives here! We'll be riding again soon for sure.

As promised, my new camera arrived yesterday and I went for a ride at lunch today along the river trail and tested it out. I'll try to get pictures up this evening of the results.

Derek did a trial run of the packing for Switzerland last night and was successful. Everything we need fits in the backpack and bike bag we plan to take. Phew! We're looking for stuff to do on our day off from riding in Chamonix and came across these things called Devil Karts. The description on the website: "Devil Karts are simply go karts that have steering and brakes and are designed to be pointed downhill and raced at speed! You take them up the mountain on the ski lift and at the top, simply follow the course down. They have oversized tyres and beefed up brakes." Intriguing!

No comments: