Sunday, August 13, 2006

Insane

That sums up Saturday's ride. The ride we did was around a 25 mile shuttle ride that had 4200' feet of climbing and 8000' feet of descending. It was an extremely primative trail in many areas, not a solid singletrack surface and no trail that you could see in a lot of places. Sometimes the bushes and flowers were so tall that you absolutely could not see the trail...if there was one. Rocks, logs, roots, bunchgrass, dirt, moss, bark...anything was possible. There were hills so steep that all you could do was hike, and switchbacks down so steep and sharp that all you could do was walk. There were sections where my chest was on my saddle and I was so far behind the seat just barely holding on, and there were sections where I was so far forward just trying to keep the front tire on the ground as I grinded up hills in granny gear. We went from high elevation riding, through forests, into meadows, through burn areas, down hillsides, along mountainsides and into old growth. I can't think of a better, harder ride. Seriously. I will be back for sure.

The 5 best pictures I took. I regret not getting one of Diamond Peak but the lighting and sun was such that I could never get one.









No comments: