Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Sunday we did a 35 mile epic with around 5200' of climbing out at the Newberry Caldera. We started by riding Peter Skene Ogden trail up to the Lodge. It's pretty sandy and climbs basically the whole way along the Paulina Creek. Paulina Falls was very refreshing.



Paulina Peak is almost 8000' and the climb up to it sure felt like it. You are rewarded with great views that make it worth it.



The trail from there is too good to be true. You traverse the caldera on winding singetrack that is rip roaring fun. You really get flying down the switchbacks. I snuck ahead a distance so that I could pull over to take this. Derek never even saw me to the side and so I had to spend the next few miles chasing him down. He thought I was still out in front and I scared the crap outta him when I rode up on his ass a few miles later.



Fun, fun, fun...look at that grin!


Last picture - right before our lunch break and right after the hill of death. It just kept going and going up.



TOTALLY sweet ride and so close to Bend!

No comments: