Friday, December 15, 2006

I'll huff and I'll puff

Dang is it windy outside! Apparently gusts are supposed to get up to 100 along the ridgelines of the Cascades tonight. I know better than to take a bike out with the winds around 30-45 right now. Not so funny story...It was in 2002 I think that I was racing mountain bikes out in Fontana, CA. The wind was reportedly 60 miles per hour and rounding one of the corners up on a ridge, I was knocked off my bike by a giant gust. That was the first incident of scraping my elbow up. Anyway...since it was so windy, I decided to go home for lunch and ride my trainer. SO there I am spinning along in front of the television having a good workout, and the power went out. Good lord, the gods are against me riding. I went ahead and finished my workout in silence.

2 comments:

Chandra said...

No Anne of Green Gables? :)

Heidi said...

That's what I was watching until the power got nixed!