Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Weekend musings

I rode home Friday after work and Derek informed me that my sister had her baby! So I'm an aunt again. Welcome aboard Cameron Jacob! I hope to get a picture of him soon.

Saturday we went skate skiing in COLD temps. It was in the low teens up at the mountain. Brrrrr. I sure wish they would bring back the little fire tub they used to have down by the lower trails. It was nice to stop and thaw my hands out there.



Saturday night was Candy Canetinis, yes, that's right. Rumplemintz, vodka, and a candy cane. We were at a party for a friends' birthday and it was good to see everyone together.

Sunday was even colder at the mountain. 4 degrees supposedly. The snow was wet and slow but fun nevertheless. We added a loop around Rich's Range. It was always intimidating last year because it is VERY rolly and twisty and it was our first year skate skiing.

Hill Intervals anyone?

2 comments:

diana said...

Congrats on the new nephew! Being an aunt is awesome. And buying baby things for a baby whose diapers you don't have to change: priceless!!

Heidi said...

Thanks, I can't wait to see him during the holidays. I don't think I 've ever held a baby that young!