Sunday, December 03, 2006

Sunny skies

Since the mountain has opened, I think every time I've been up to skate ski it has been snowing and windy. Saturday however, was GLORIOUS! I'm tossing around the idea of skiing the Great Nordeen race in January. Now, I've only been skate skiing for one year and still am not "good" but the race would be fun to just have some sort of goal...36k. I don't intend to be competitive, and it may turn out that I just ski the course on my own the day before, but I'm going to try to get up to that distance. So, Saturday we skied for about 1.5 hours. That may not seem like a long time to those of you who haven't tried skate skiing, but it kicks your ass! I had a great time in the sun. I just love being outdoors.

We went out to dinner Saturday night for my birthday at Zydecos. I absolutely love that place. Nice owners and staff, great food, superb atmosphere. I had the steelhead and loved every bite of it. I highly recommend eating there.

No comments: