Sunday, July 15, 2007

Where is everyone?

Derek and I rode up North Fork and Metolius Windigo, through Happy Valley and past the Broken Top Trailhead. We were the only cyclists I saw the entire ride. We did an out and back only veered off and down Mrazek/Farewell to end.

Here is the fix for the bridge that got damaged this past winter. That's a jack of some sort placed under it.






Little stream crossing as we head higher towards fresh snow melt.



Pretty creek and wildflowers up at higher altitude.



Waterfalls are the center of focus on North Fork.





The first year I did this ride that was almost a river and it took me some time to find a good place to cross. It wasn't deep or that fast this year. We took our lunch break here.



Great ride - in all I estimate about 30 miles or so? Derek got attacked by mosquitos, I only picked up about 4 new bites even with my DEET coverage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos! These are sites that many of the townies will never see. Thanks so much for sharing!!!