Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Edison - Lava Lake

Here's a fantastic ride we hadn't done yet this year for some reason. Trail conditions can get really dusty but after the recent rain and snow up towards Bachelor I had a feeling there would be no dust Saturday. "Highway" 45 just opened back up after having been closed all summer for repaving and widening. We had to follow the pilot car down to the snow park.



The ride winds through lava rock fields and tree cover. The soil was a nice damp, tacky surface. In the shaded sections it was cool but the sun would always find a way to welcome us back and shout with glee while we hunkered down for the climbs and let it fly on the descents. I love this ride, hell, I love most rides.










This might be the last weekend we ride comfortably at that elevation - rain and snow are in the forecast for the coming weekend.

Just to throw it out there, this coming Saturday is Biketoberfest. If you're looking for some way to help all these trails out, come join COTA and even get some free food! It's not a huge time committment and it's a great way to give back. If I can ditch this ridiculous sore throat I now have, I'll be there for sure.

1 comment:

Matt McFee said...

Hey I know that trail!! Nice pix. Gettin' cold here too. *thoughts of waxing snowboard enter*