Monday, October 22, 2007

Weekend Recap

I was half kidding when I woke up Saturday morning and saw Derek peeking out of the blinds. "Did it snow?" I asked. IT HAD!

Here's a dog eye's view.




Sunday it was bright and sunny and we took to the trails. I'm not religous but damn, there has to be somebody to thank for what an awesome day it was. If you haven't ridden a mountain bike through the forest lately I don't know if words can do the experience justice. The trails were hardpack from the recent rains and snowmelt. There was just such an energy out there that causes a smile to takeover my face even as I sit here now at a computer. Taking a corner at high speed as you lean into it and bob and weave with a bit of snap is electrifyiing. It's you and a bike having all that fun out there together.





1 comment:

Chandra said...

Yea...we tried to attempt Swampy-Bend, but it was jsut too much snow. Had to come down the highway a bit to Storm King. There was still now there, but not as deep. It was just gorgrous!