Thursday, October 18, 2007

See you in a Hundred Years

I'm talking about the book. I just finished it after checking it out on a whim. It's not for everyone, but the thought of doing something like this is appealing to me. It's a simple story of a husband and wife who quit their jobs and move to rural Virginia and attempt to spend a year living life as it was circa 1900. Good read and I give it two thumbs up.

It is finally raining which is GREAT news. I didn't ride to work since I'm still on the fence with this sore throat/sinus thing. What I did see yesterday after work though, was amazing. A guy was riding up Brookswood towing a canoe behind him! I wish I could have gotten a picture of that.

We're almost to Friday...hang in there!

2 comments:

Chandra said...

So...what kinds of bikes did they have circa 1900? :)

Heidi said...

They were singlespeed fixed gear bikes...sometimes with no brakes. When they did have brakes it was called a spoon brake. The "spoon brake" consisted of a metal brake shoe that looked something like a spoon and pressed on the rubber tire tread.