Sunday, October 28, 2007

Silence

Shhhh, listen closely...do you hear that? Nothing...that's what I heard Saturday as I stood alongside Mrazek Trail way up in the forest close to Happy Valley. It was a cool afternoon and in the shade of the towering trees where sunlight hadn't warmed the ground for a few hours, it was downright cold. When the wind started it came from way up high in the tops of the trees and it spread slowly, bringing with it a soft hushed hawwwwwwwwwwww kind of sound. I was slightly damp with sweat after having ridden up singletrack all the way from town and the chill felt kind of good.

Manzanita EVERYWHERE!



Spooky! The flash lightened it up back in there but this section is dark.



Time for a snack break.



After the round of rain and snowmelt the mountains got, the berms have packed down and are so much fun.



Derek on a little rock.



I always have so much fun riding my bike. Almost equally as fun is eating afterwards, we cooked up a big batch of monterrey jack, corn and roasted red pepper risotto. DELICIOUS!

2 comments:

Nate B said...

Heidi, was there snow up there? I was up on the Flagline like two weeks ago and the snow made it pretty unridable in many parts. Beautiful! yes... but quite frustrating when you just want an amazing ride.

Heidi said...

Yes, I've had my fair share of frustrating snow rides. Not sure what last nights weather was like up in the mts. Our rain may have been snow for them but Mrazek was good when I rode it.