Thursday, November 30, 2006

Wed Morning Snow

It's somewhere between 8 and 10 degrees as I step out into the snow. The weather forecast was for clear skies but cold and as soon as I saw that I knew I had to go ski before work. Except for one other guy just leaving on his skis, I'm alone and the world is completely silent. It's like a film without a soundtrack. I carry my gear to the start of the trail and clip into the skis. Off I go. Before long I'm heating up, I've set an agressive pace and my heart is banging away. It's that magical time of morning when the sun is coming up. Sure, it rises in the east, but to the west is where the real beauty hits. Pink hues are spotlighting the mountains, the trees around me are lit up in yellow glows. After 25 minutes there is a split that isn't groomed. I look left at the incline of powder. Why not, I'm up for an adventure.





Those are my tracks up - it's a great workout.



On my why back to the car over an hour later I'm treated to the glorious sun.



Life is good.

2 comments:

Chandra said...

Good lord! What time did you get up?? Looks like it was just beautiful out there.

douglas said...

awesome pics (I am so jealous!)