Friday, April 20, 2007

96 Hours!

I came across an old friend's name the other day in an email I get from Roadbikerider:

Two roadies named Pete Masiel and Wendy Gardiner recently set a stationary cycling record by pedaling for 96 hours, 4 minutes and 8 seconds in San Diego. The twosome bettered the mark of 85 hours set earlier this year and are submitting documents for recognition by the Guinness World Record committee. Maisel, a former Marine firefighter, and Gardiner, a Georgia resident, made their record attempt to raise money and awareness for the San Diego Burn Institute and the Georgia Firefighters Burn Foundation. "We were just a vehicle to help recognize the true heroes, the burn victims that have to live day in and day out," Masiel said. The next big goal for the pair is the Race Across America in June -- no less grueling, but at least the scenery is moving.

I went to my first ever mountain bike race with Pete! 96 hours on a trainer is insane, almost stupid really, but good for him.

Let's play a game. No, really, it's easy. Tell me what you think this rock looks like. I was riding along enjoying the sun and solitutde of the trails in the afternoon and saw it.



Have a good weekend!

5 comments:

Chandra said...

Which rock? 'Cause the one in the front looks like a monkeys face and the one in the back looks like a person's head on it's side with it's mouth open...

Heidi said...

Oh wow, I didn't even notice the one in the background! I was talking about the up front one.

Karianne said...

OK the front rock looks like the freaking Loch Ness Monster's mouth coming up out of the water. Kind of freaked me out!

Anonymous said...

Hey Heidi,
Hope all's well. Drop me a line sometime. Yep, still doing the crazy crap! HAHAHAAA

Petey
pmasiel@peteandwendycycling.com

Matt McFee said...

Looks like Opus from Bloom County.