Monday, April 23, 2007

Mudslinger

Yesterday was a race called The Mudslinger over in Corvallis, Oregon. How appropriate - it was indeed muddy. We arrived in town Saturday afternoon and walked around a bit before heading to The American Dream for an awesome smoked gouda cheddar and herb spiced chicken pizza and for me, 3 really good red beers. I wasn't racing so no worries. Sunday we had breakfast at a nice little place and then headed out to the race. It had rained most of Saturday and was all foggy Sunday morning and threatening rain. I rode the course right away before the race went off, and then because it was an ok day, I tacked on an exploratory ride in the area as well. The trails weren't to muddy and some of the singletrack was new. Tough course with a fair amount of climbing, and newly cut singletrack. I snapped some pics of the course.

Green everywhere.







Go Team Webcylery. That must have been a rough ride for the tandem.



You know my love of bridges.



My bike after riding.

2 comments:

Karianne said...

How beautiful! What a nice weekend.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a nice weekend. Looking at the picture of your bike I can only imagine what you and Derek looked like. Love the pictures