Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Buyout

Last week I accepted an offer for a new job. Good thing, because on Monday Eschelon announced they are buying the company I currently work for. Press Release here

So I will be starting a new job March 15th. I'll still be able to bike to work because there are showers and it's only about 1/2 mile further away...BUT, I can take more trail to get to it and less streets.

It's as if my work computer knew it wasn't needed anymore. Yesterday when I came to work I smelled burning coming from my hard drive. Evidently the fan quit wokring and the motherboard fried. So I was without a computer most of the day. Wow, it takes something like that to make me realize just how much of my job is computer oriented..about 90%!

Snow is in the forecast and I think I'm going to try to get a ski in before work tomorrow.

Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

My husband was laid off from Unicom in October and when he heard that he was shocked.

Where is the new gig?

Heidi said...

Tell Brian I said HI! He was a fellow bike commuter. I'll be with the City of Bend.

Shannon said...

you were the one who inspired him, btw. his bike was stolen about a month after he was laid off so but he's doing a lot of freelance work right now so he is busy.

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi, You have good instincts. Good luck with the new job