Monday, February 26, 2007

White Elephant

Derek and I had a busy Saturday. We went skate skiing up at Bachelor on Saturday - even ventured out on the black diamond trails. Luckily about 3" of snow had fallen on top of the groomed surface so we weren't barreling down the hills at breakneck speed. After that, we went to a little get together for Webcyclery and the upcoming race season. Derek and I are going to race for them this year. I'll just be doing a mishmash of Super D races, downhill, a couple road time trials, and who knows what else. I'm not going to do any full training or racing that would put my knee under too much stress since it still hurts with lots of riding. It was fun to meet the team and hang out.

Saturday night Derek and I hosted a little Potluck dinner party for the Executive Committee of the Bend Bella Cyclists. It was our postponed holiday party...really just an excuse to get together, drink, and eat. Tradition dictated that we also have a white elephant gift exchange. I don't thing there is a person on earth who hasn't been involved in one of these, they are a riot! I didn't take any pics so I'm borrowing these from Chandra. I think the "best" gift were some sex instruction tapes!!!



Here is what I ended up with. It's a canvas shopping bag with wheels and everything. Isn't it lovely?

6 comments:

Chandra said...

LOL that was very funny. You're going to hook that up to your bike, right? The fish I got seems to be surviving...although her bowl is a little bare...

Anonymous said...

Does the baby belong to the recipient of the sex instruction tapes? Maybe they already know what to do!
What fun.

Heidi said...

That's what we all thought was so funny! The only couple with kids got the sex instruction tapes!

Anonymous said...

OMG, is that really you with a baby in your hands???
This has to be the first pic I see of you without glasses and brain bucket on.

Anonymous said...

Have you figured me out yet?

Heidi said...

Nope, that's not me holding the baby. I'm not in that pic.