Thursday, February 08, 2007

I've been pretty busy the last couple of days and haven't taken any new pictures. I keep hoping I'll wake up to snow, but this morning was just a little bit of slippery road for my ride into work. I opted for a spin on my trainer last night. Lots of times I can solve a lot of problems and do my best thinking while I ride. When I worked downtown back in San Diego I would ride to Fiesta Island in the morning and do laps around it before heading to work. An hour of 3 mile laps can be very theraputic. It's just you and your head. Sure I'd wear headphones a lot and listen to music, but sometimes I'd just think. These days we are always on the go and distracted by tv, driving (hopefully not distracted), kids, working, go go go, that sometimes we forget to think.

Since I'm paying for it, (see Juniper Fee Increase post, I've been sitting in the steam room for 15 minutes or so after my swims and I'm addicted to it. I always laugh when I step in though because I think of the Seinfeld episode when Kramer is in the sauna and comments how hot it is...something like, "Whew, it's like a sauna in here." Apparently there are quite a few health benefits to steam rooms. I kid you not, the people on all sides of me at work have been sick off and on for about 2 months now and I am on the brink of paranoia. Everytime they sneeze or cough I cringe. I don't want to get sick!

TGIF

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya about everyone being ill at work. After a day of having people sneeze and cough around me I want to go home and take a shower.